The outstanding volume of repo trades now stands at €6 trillion, the International Capital Market Association (Icma) announced in its semiannual survey out today.
That’s just 2.3% higher than December 2005’s total and 13% up from June 2005.
The survey indicated a growing interest in tri-party products, which now account for a record high of 11.3% of the market. Trades executed on electronic trading systems fell by 11% over the last six months, representing just 21.4% of all trades outstanding.
- Brexit novations ‘on hold’ to gain reg relief
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- People moves: Bank of America names new Apac chiefs, Wilkinson leaves LGIM, Lloyds loses Coutte, and more
- Mifid data publishers drag feet on Esma guidelines