Systems for clearing and settling OTC derivatives trades have strengthened over the past few years, but further progress is needed to reduce risk, according to a recent report. The findings recommend greater use of automated systems to reduce confirmation backlogs in all OTC derivatives classes, following their success with credit derivatives. For remaining backlogs, the report suggests dealers mitigate risk by moving towards daily portfolio reconciliations with active counterparties.
- Asia moves: Natixis sales head moves to Barclays, new banking head for StanChart Singapore, and more
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Banks use machine learning to ‘augment’ corporate sales
- Buy-siders eye ways to get ahead of US resolution stay rules