Texas-based private equity firm Lone Star has agreed to purchase KfW Bankengruppe's stake in struggling German lender IKB. KfW, the German government-owned development bank, is selling all its holdings in IKB, which amount to 90.8% of IKB's total shares. Neither party officially disclosed details on the size of the transaction, but is it believed to be a few hundred million euros.
"KfW was able to achieve an adequate, positive purchase price and to reach an agreement on sharing certain portfolio
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- Asia moves: Natixis sales head moves to Barclays, new banking head for StanChart Singapore, and more
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Banks use machine learning to ‘augment’ corporate sales
- Buy-siders eye ways to get ahead of US resolution stay rules