The Treasury issued a consultation in early August entitled, Extending the scope of the statutory damages regime for disclosures required under the Transparency Directive.
However, the FMLC’s September analysis of potential problems with the directive could be damaging. The organisation points out that "there is very considerable overlap between information that will be disclosed under the ad hoc Market Abuse Directive regime and that required for regular Transparency Obligations Directive
- Brexit novations ‘on hold’ to gain reg relief
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- People moves: Bank of America names new Apac chiefs, Wilkinson leaves LGIM, Lloyds loses Coutte, and more
- Mifid data publishers drag feet on Esma guidelines