The Commission stated that in 1975 Ruhrgas, now part of the E.ON group, and Gaz de France, now part of GDF Suez, reached the anti-competitive agreement when they decided to jointly build the Megal gas pipeline across Germany to import Russian gas into Germany and France. "They maintained the market-sharing agreement after European gas markets were liberalised, and only abandoned it definitely in 2005," said the Commission.
"This decision sends a strong signal to energy incumbents that the
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Credit risk quants are hitting the tech gap
- Princeton tops inaugural Risk.net quant master’s ranking
- Does credit risk need an expected shortfall-style revamp?
- Teach history to avoid mistakes of yesterday’s quants