A deal for Berkshire Hathaway subsidiary MidAmerican Energy to buy ailing energy firm Constellation Energy is "proceeding as planned", according to Constellation, despite shareholder objections.
The deal, announced on September 19, will see MidAmerican invest $1 billion in preferred stock, along with a cash consideration of approximately $4.7 billion, or $26.50 per Constellation share. "They still need to get approval from shareholders and several regulatory bodies," says Aneesh Prabhu, an energy
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Quant Finance Master’s Guide 2019
- Credit risk quants are hitting the tech gap
- Princeton tops inaugural Risk.net quant master’s ranking
- Does credit risk need an expected shortfall-style revamp?