The Chinese government has approved a project by five Chinese stock exchanges to set up the country's first financial derivatives exchange in Shanghai.
The exchange will be a joint venture between the Shanghai and Shenzhen stock exchanges, the Shanghai futures exchange and the Dalian and Zhengzhou commodity exchanges, each of which will own 20%.
According to reports in the Chinese newspaper Economic Observer, Fan Fuchun, vice-chairman of the China Securities Regulatory Commission, will head
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Quant Finance Master’s Guide 2019
- Credit risk quants are hitting the tech gap
- Princeton tops inaugural Risk.net quant master’s ranking
- Does credit risk need an expected shortfall-style revamp?