Isda also said 98% of its respondents agreed that managing financial risk more effectively is a way for companies to build shareholder value.
“These findings show a clear consensus among the world's top finance academics that derivatives are extremely valuable risk management tools and offer a beneficial way of delivering shareholder value,” said Robert Pickel, Isda’s chief executive. “These experts believe, as we do, that the risks of using derivatives have been overstated and that they play a beneficial role in the global financial system.”
- Quant Finance Master’s Guide 2019
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Cross-currency swaps could hasten RFR shift in Australia
- Podcast: Kenyon and Berrahoui on the pitfalls of PFE
- EU parliament OKs no-action powers but leaked doc signals delay