"September 11 brought new meaning to charity day this year," said chief executive Michael Spencer. Icap’s New York office, in conjunction with the New York broking community, staged its own charity day on October 16, raising $1 million for WTC-related charities.
Back at Icap’s headquarters, the London office contributed about £1.8 million to the total.
Icap said its profits were well up compared with takings earlier in the month, indicating that many in the industry had directed extra trades towards Icap for the day’s charitable takings.
- Asia moves: Natixis sales head moves to Barclays, new banking head for StanChart Singapore, and more
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Banks use machine learning to ‘augment’ corporate sales
- Buy-siders eye ways to get ahead of US resolution stay rules