A spokesman for Calyon named industry consolidation and synergies as catalysts for a deal. The proposed group would be controlled equally by both banks, although exact financial terms have not yet been detailed. Fimat employs 1,900 staff, Calyon Financial 900.
Calyon and Société Générale are now going through a process of due diligence relating to the plan, which would also be put to employee representatives.
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Credit risk quants are hitting the tech gap
- Princeton tops inaugural Risk.net quant master’s ranking
- Does credit risk need an expected shortfall-style revamp?
- Teach history to avoid mistakes of yesterday’s quants