Tullett Prebon opens broking joint venture in Shanghai

The joint venture, Tullett Prebon Sitico, is the first interdealer broker to receive approval from the China Banking Regulatory Commission.

Sitico, an arm of the state-owned investment company Shanghai International Group, owns 67% of the joint venture, with Tullett Prebon, the interdealer broking arm of the UK-based financial services firm Collins Stewart Tullett, owning the other 33%.

The joint venture was originally unveiled last month. It will be staffed by 20 brokers plus support personnel. Tullett Prebon Sitico plans to expand to Beijing and subsequently to other cities in China.

Only users who have a paid subscription or are part of a corporate subscription are able to print or copy content.

To access these options, along with all other subscription benefits, please contact info@risk.net or view our subscription options here: http://subscriptions.risk.net/subscribe

You are currently unable to copy this content. Please contact info@risk.net to find out more.

You need to sign in to use this feature. If you don’t have a Risk.net account, please register for a trial.

Sign in
You are currently on corporate access.

To use this feature you will need an individual account. If you have one already please sign in.

Sign in.

Alternatively you can request an individual account here