The only major market to see a drop in volume was the Nordic region, which had a 28% share of volumes, while Germany led with 32%, followed by the UK with 29%.
Elsewhere, the French and Dutch markets did very well, although they are still “small players in the big trading volume picture”, said the report.
Prospex says the research is based on interviews with key players in all major European power markets. It provides analysis of market trends, and reviews commercial and regulatory issues, including grid system performance, trading instruments and emissions trading.
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Quant Finance Master’s Guide 2019
- Credit risk quants are hitting the tech gap
- Princeton tops inaugural Risk.net quant master’s ranking
- Does credit risk need an expected shortfall-style revamp?