The proportion of credit risk-weighted assets (RWAs) calculated using standardised and internal ratings-based (IRB) approaches varies wildly across European banks, Risk Quantum analysis shows.
A survey of the 14 global systemically important banks (G-Sibs) in the European Union and Switzerland reveals the percentage of credit RWAs generated using IRB approaches, which utilise banks' own internal models, ranged from 42% to 91% at end-2017.
Santander had the lowest percentage of credit RWAs
- Brexit novations ‘on hold’ to gain reg relief
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- People moves: Bank of America names new Apac chiefs, Wilkinson leaves LGIM, Lloyds loses Coutte, and more
- Mifid data publishers drag feet on Esma guidelines