Ice Clear Credit has received regulatory approval to switch from its stress-based initial margin methodology to one based on Monte Carlo simulations – a step, the clearer says, that paves the way for it to launch clearing for options on credit default swaps (CDS) indexes.
The firm is planning to adopt the new method in the first quarter of 2019, having received approval from the US’s Commodities Futures Trading Commission, which regulates index-based over-the-counter derivatives, at the end of
- Libor leaders: ABP crafts blueprint for corporate Libor switch
- Libor leaders: how seven firms are tackling the transition
- Libor replacement: a modelling framework for in-arrears term rates
- Swaps data: a new era of competition in interest rate futures
- From memos to texts, algos fish for signals in-house