As banks lean ever more heavily on models – for pricing, risk, capital and other vitals – their boards are demanding a clear view of exactly how much risk those models entail, and how they may be abetting or denting the bank’s financial position. But there is no clear path on how to deliver that.
“We all have different techniques,” says the head of model risk management at a US G-Sib. “Everybody is not using the same approach, but everyone has an approach.”
Into this wilderness have stepped
- Bank risk manager of the year: UBS
- Asia moves: BlackRock picks new Asia head, Credit Suisse boosts regional solutions, and more
- People moves: Asia hires at Credit Suisse, new UBS data role, NatWest takes UBS's Duclos, and more
- We need a different approach to supervisory stress-testing
- Risk solutions house of the year: HSBC