Citi has changed its compensation model in response to the benchmark fixing scandals that have rocked the industry, to ensure the need to establish the correct conduct culture is not overlooked in the quest for profit.
Delivering the keynote address at Risk USA on October 25, Mark Carawan, Citi’s chief compliance officer, said performance scores had previously been aggregated. This would allow a manager rated excellent in profitability but poor in conduct to average a passing grade and earn a
- Bank risk manager of the year: UBS
- People moves: Asia hires at Credit Suisse, new UBS data role, NatWest takes UBS's Duclos, and more
- Asia moves: BlackRock picks new Asia head, Credit Suisse boosts regional solutions, and more
- We need a different approach to supervisory stress-testing
- Risk solutions house of the year: HSBC