European Union legislators have agreed to strip out revamped capital charges for market risk from a review of bank capital rules, introducing only a reporting requirement initially. The decision potentially delays full implementation beyond the 2022 deadline set by the Basel Committee, and could well dampen banks’ preparation efforts.
“There is a provisional agreement on the approach that essentially introduces reporting requirements before the FRTB [Fundamental Review of the Trading Book]
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Quant Finance Master’s Guide 2019
- Credit risk quants are hitting the tech gap
- Princeton tops inaugural Risk.net quant master’s ranking
- Does credit risk need an expected shortfall-style revamp?