There is growing unease among proprietary traders that new European Union prudential rules could end up being applied to their operations in the US and Asia, plus the UK after Brexit, potentially leaving them with much higher capital than their foreign rivals.
The concerns stem from the EU’s proposed group capital requirements for investment firms and a tougher approach to equivalence for those based in third countries.
“It is certainly a concern, and… at odds with the whole capital markets
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Credit risk quants are hitting the tech gap
- Princeton tops inaugural Risk.net quant master’s ranking
- Does credit risk need an expected shortfall-style revamp?
- Teach history to avoid mistakes of yesterday’s quants