Lawyers are criticising the inconsistency of a move by the Basel Committee that would see centrally cleared settled-to-market (STM) derivatives caught by Basel liquidity guidelines and counted towards exposures requiring stable funding under net stable funding ratio (NSFR) rules.
“I do not know where this came from or what the thinking is behind it, but it seems to be out of line with current thinking on this issue, in Europe at least. Consequently, I rather doubt that it will be adopted as a
- Bank risk manager of the year: UBS
- People moves: Asia hires at Credit Suisse, new UBS data role, NatWest takes UBS's Duclos, and more
- Risk solutions house of the year: HSBC
- Buy-side quant of the year: Gordon Ritter
- Asia moves: BlackRock picks new Asia head, Credit Suisse boosts regional solutions, and more