It’s the recurring nightmare for every driver on a narrow, winding country lane. A farm tractor in front slows the cars behind it to a crawl, and there’s nowhere to overtake it safely for miles ahead.
The G20 agreement at Pittsburgh in 2009 turned derivatives clearing houses into a new class of systemic institutions, requiring a carefully-designed regulatory regime to tackle their potential failure. The European Commission published a draft recovery and resolution framework for central
- Bank risk manager of the year: UBS
- People moves: Asia hires at Credit Suisse, new UBS data role, NatWest takes UBS's Duclos, and more
- Asia moves: BlackRock picks new Asia head, Credit Suisse boosts regional solutions, and more
- Risk solutions house of the year: HSBC
- We need a different approach to supervisory stress-testing