European Union legislators look set to scrap the proposed relief exempting banks from reporting exchange-traded derivatives (ETD) to regulators, although members of the European Parliament have asked if the requirements can be simplified.
“The industry now acknowledges that no ETD reporting probably isn’t going to happen or work, but we need to reach the right level of compromise,” says Chad Giussani, head of transaction reporting compliance at Standard Chartered.
In May 2017, the European
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- Asia moves: Natixis sales head moves to Barclays, new banking head for StanChart Singapore, and more
- Buy-siders eye ways to get ahead of US resolution stay rules
- Nikkei faces hurdles in EU benchmark registration