As the world approaches the tenth anniversary of Lehman Brothers’ collapse and the ensuing global financial crisis, memories are fading along with the lessons learnt – and the Basel Committee on Banking Supervision (BCBS)’s Fundamental Review of the Trading Book is facing headwinds from many in the industry.
There are two principal arguments for resisting the finalisation and adoption of the FRTB. The first is that regulators and industry have already done enough to mitigate systemic risk, and
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Quant Finance Master’s Guide 2019
- Princeton tops inaugural Risk.net quant master’s ranking
- Credit risk quants are hitting the tech gap
- Does credit risk need an expected shortfall-style revamp?