It pays to know your customers. Just ask US Bank, smarting from a $600 million fine for anti-money laundering violations in February. Or Deutsche Bank, fined $630 million for similar failings last year.
Authorities around the world are keen for lenders to develop strong know-your-customer (KYC) procedures, and are prepared to levy big penalties on banks that fall short.
As a result, firms are looking to new data-based technologies to sharpen up their compliance and help avoid regulatory
- Asia moves: Natixis sales head moves to Barclays, new banking head for StanChart Singapore, and more
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- Banks use machine learning to ‘augment’ corporate sales
- Buy-siders eye ways to get ahead of US resolution stay rules
- First SOFR term rate coming in 2020