Buy-side firms say a two-week jump in the cost of trading swaps that are cleared at CME Group rather than rival LCH.Clearnet is big enough to drive them away from the Chicago-based venue – and some worry the basis could threaten the existence of CME's clearing service.
A small difference between the two central counterparties (CCPs) has always been recorded in the market for so-called switch trades, or basis swaps, in which equal and offsetting trades are simultaneously executed and cleared at
- Asia moves: BlackRock picks new Asia head, Credit Suisse boosts regional solutions, and more
- Bank risk manager of the year: UBS
- We need a different approach to supervisory stress-testing
- People moves: Asia hires at Credit Suisse, new UBS data role, NatWest takes UBS's Duclos, and more
- Risk solutions house of the year: HSBC