BNP Paribas is aiming to boost its share of trading in US stocks – and support its derivatives business – by partnering with GTS, the largest market-maker on the New York Stock Exchange.
The partnership is modelled on an existing tie-up between the two firms in the US Treasury market, which has seen the French bank’s market share leap from 1.5% to 4% in less than a year.
In the equities deal, GTS will stream prices in stocks and exchange-traded funds to BNP Paribas, which can use those prices
- Asia moves: BlackRock picks new Asia head, Credit Suisse boosts regional solutions, and more
- We need a different approach to supervisory stress-testing
- People moves: Asia hires at Credit Suisse, new UBS data role, NatWest takes UBS's Duclos, and more
- Bank risk manager of the year: UBS
- Risk solutions house of the year: HSBC