The price difference between euro interest rate swaps cleared in London and Frankfurt has been slashed as derivatives end-users take advantage of better rates for receive-fixed swaps at Eurex Clearing and lay contingency plans for a disorderly Brexit.
The basis between 10-year euro swaps cleared through London’s LCH SwapClear and the same instruments cleared at Frankfurt’s Eurex Clearing had collapsed to 0.25 basis points on August 3 from 1.35bp on May 21, according to Icap pricing. A wide
- Regulators to scrutinise CCP default auctions
- People moves: Bank of America names new Apac chiefs, Wilkinson leaves LGIM, Lloyds loses Coutte, and more
- A rush on Libor fallbacks to head off holdouts
- Swaps data: SOFR volume and margin insights
- VAR surges, revenues tank at French banks hurt by volatility