Market participants may get help in kicking their Libor habit. At least two providers of swaps compression services – which tear up and replace trades – are currently tweaking their technology so Libor-linked swaps can be exchanged for those referencing new risk-free rates (RFRs).
Quantile Technologies aims to have its first live run before the end of June. It will close out short-dated Libor swaps cleared at LCH’s SwapClear, and replace them with new instruments referencing Sonia – the rate
- Quant Finance Master’s Guide 2019
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Cross-currency swaps could hasten RFR shift in Australia
- Podcast: Kenyon and Berrahoui on the pitfalls of PFE
- EU parliament OKs no-action powers but leaked doc signals delay