New variation margin rules for non-cleared derivatives will be enforced on a case-by-case basis, with regulators in Europe and the US still expecting firms with “significant exposures” to begin exchanging collateral on March 1 despite granting those with smaller positions a reprieve earlier today (February 23).
Banks that spoke to Risk.net welcomed the move, but note the extent of the relief is not entirely clear; one says it plans to continue trading with customers that are in the process of
- Bank risk manager of the year: UBS
- People moves: Asia hires at Credit Suisse, new UBS data role, NatWest takes UBS's Duclos, and more
- Asia moves: BlackRock picks new Asia head, Credit Suisse boosts regional solutions, and more
- We need a different approach to supervisory stress-testing
- Risk solutions house of the year: HSBC