Under the hood of most sports cars sits a super-charger – a complex bit of kit that allows faster acceleration and higher top speeds via the use of compression. Dealers in the interest rate swaps market are hoping the next generation of compression technology now being rolled out by clearing houses will do something similar.
In terms of raw numbers, the projections are staggering. LCH.Clearnet's SwapClear, the long-standing market-leader, says it hopes to eliminate more than half a quadrillion
- Quant Finance Master’s Guide 2019
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Cross-currency swaps could hasten RFR shift in Australia
- Podcast: Kenyon and Berrahoui on the pitfalls of PFE
- EU parliament OKs no-action powers but leaked doc signals delay