The volume and number of cleared US dollar interest rate swaps and credit default swap (CDS) indexes fell dramatically on Monday despite hundreds of new firms becoming subject to US clearing rules.
According to Depository Trust & Clearing Corporation data aggregated by software vendor Clarus Financial Technology, the notional value of CDS index swaps cleared on June 10 was $12.3 billion – down 43.4% when compared to June 7 – with 110 trades being cleared, a drop of 44.7%. The notional volume of
- Asia moves: BlackRock picks new Asia head, Credit Suisse boosts regional solutions, and more
- Bank risk manager of the year: UBS
- We need a different approach to supervisory stress-testing
- People moves: Asia hires at Credit Suisse, new UBS data role, NatWest takes UBS's Duclos, and more
- Risk solutions house of the year: HSBC