Since the beginning of the shale revolution, US exploration and production (E&P) firms have used cheap financing, hedging and innovations in unconventional drilling to build a world-beating industry. With the help of soaring shale production, the US overtook Saudi Arabia to become the world's largest crude oil producer last year, producing 11.6 million barrels (bbl) daily, according to a June 2015 report by UK-based oil major BP.
Perhaps unsurprisingly, the surge has contributed to significant
- Bank risk manager of the year: UBS
- People moves: Asia hires at Credit Suisse, new UBS data role, NatWest takes UBS's Duclos, and more
- Asia moves: BlackRock picks new Asia head, Credit Suisse boosts regional solutions, and more
- We need a different approach to supervisory stress-testing
- Risk solutions house of the year: HSBC