Cyclical gas consumption, as well as limited and lagged adjustments of gas supply (for example, caused by increased production), lead to drastic price movements with uncertain volumes. As a suitable means to hedge against those uncertainties, virtual and physical gas storage contracts are becoming more and more important (see Eydeland & Wolyniec (2013) for market fundamentals, as well as standard pricing and hedging approaches).
However, a market-coherent valuation and replication of these
- Regulators to scrutinise CCP default auctions
- People moves: Bank of America names new Apac chiefs, Wilkinson leaves LGIM, Lloyds loses Coutte, and more
- VAR surges, revenues tank at French banks hurt by volatility
- Swaps data: SOFR volume and margin insights
- A rush on Libor fallbacks to head off holdouts