The deal was a Q4 08 spark spread, for 30MW of gas on the Dutch TTF hub, against 15MW of Dutch electricity. The price for the gas was €27.20/MWh and the price of the power was €70.95/MWh. The trade was concluded between a London-based financial institution and a Dutch utility.
Standard spark spreads are calculated from the difference between power prices and gas prices, adjusted for fuel efficiency. While Dutch spark spreads have been traded before, this is the first deal in which a price
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Credit risk quants are hitting the tech gap
- Princeton tops inaugural Risk.net quant master’s ranking
- Does credit risk need an expected shortfall-style revamp?
- Teach history to avoid mistakes of yesterday’s quants