The gas compressor station at Baumgarten on Austria's border with Slovakia is a vital point in the East-West natural gas supply corridor from Russia, which is now under scrutiny following the renewed supply crisis between Russia and Ukraine.
Approximately one third of all Russia's gas exports to Western Europe (around 43 billion cubic metres annually) travel through the station, which is owned by Austrian energy company and gas shipper OMV.
Through its subsidiary, Central European Gas Hub (CEGH)
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Credit risk quants are hitting the tech gap
- Princeton tops inaugural Risk.net quant master’s ranking
- Does credit risk need an expected shortfall-style revamp?
- Teach history to avoid mistakes of yesterday’s quants