Australia's greenhouse gas emissions - last verified by the Australian Greenhouse Office at 559 million tonnes in 2005 - represent just 1.5% of the global total. Yet the country's per capita emissions in 2004 were 4.5 times the global average, says Australia's Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation, and over the past 25 years the average growth rate of Australian emissions was almost twice the average global rate, five times that of Europe and twice that of the US.
- Fund-linked structured products face extinction under FRTB
- Lack of buy-side repo backstop a concern – Citi repo head
- China Minsheng and SocGen team up for quant index product
- People moves: Barclays’ investment bank chief exits, Citi president to retire, Vos promoted at BNY Mellon, and more
- Banks rethink fund-linked trades ahead of FRTB