In Europe, fixed-line telecom dominated GFI’s list again, with Telecom Italia the most actively-traded CDS. Finnish bank Kaupthing Banki HF and DaimlerChrysler both contributed to an active month for the banking and motor industries. Dutch-based VNU and Russian energy corporation Gazprom were also on the European most-active list.
In Asia, financial services firms were most active for the sixth month in a row, led by Kyoto-based Aiful and Tokyo-based Softbank. The computer sector, led by Tokyo’s Sony, was also one of the most active, as were trading and distribution companies. Meanwhile, the most active sovereign CDS’s were referenced to the governments of Brazil, Hungary, Russia, Turkey and Ukraine.
- Quant Finance Master’s Guide 2019
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Cross-currency swaps could hasten RFR shift in Australia
- Final FRTB internal model rules get mixed reviews
- Podcast: Kenyon and Berrahoui on the pitfalls of PFE