The debate about nuclear power has well and truly re-opened in the European Union (EU). Countries that reduced their use of nuclear power in the face of public concern after the 1986 Chernobyl accident in Ukraine are now looking at nuclear in a different light. Nuclear power is being heralded as part of the solution to the pressing concerns of supply security and the need to lower carbon emissions in Europe.
"The nuclear issue really re-emerged (in Europe) in 2006 after the Ukraine gas crisis
- Quant Finance Master’s Guide 2019
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Final FRTB internal model rules get mixed reviews
- Cross-currency swaps could hasten RFR shift in Australia
- Podcast: Kenyon and Berrahoui on the pitfalls of PFE