Markets are facing two big unknowns: the possibility of a no-deal Brexit and the chance of escalating trade wars. How can investors simulate these two scenarios to stress-test portfolios? Options markets provide some clues.
To analyse Brexit scenarios, we have focused on calls and puts around March 29, 2019 – the date of the UK’s planned departure. The text of the withdrawal agreement was published on November 14, to be greeted with almost universal condemnation by UK politicians of all stripes
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Quant Finance Master’s Guide 2019
- Credit risk quants are hitting the tech gap
- Princeton tops inaugural Risk.net quant master’s ranking
- Does credit risk need an expected shortfall-style revamp?