Patrick McConnell is a visiting fellow at Macquarie University’s Applied Finance Centre in Sydney
Much of the discussion concerning banking cultures following the financial crisis has taken place at the level of individual firms, and only recently has debate been considered at an inter-bank or industry level – the banking ‘macro-culture’ existing among financial professionals across firms.
Culture consists of three components:Shared assumptions: the pattern of basic assumptions, invented,
- Regulators to scrutinise CCP default auctions
- People moves: Bank of America names new Apac chiefs, Wilkinson leaves LGIM, Lloyds loses Coutte, and more
- A rush on Libor fallbacks to head off holdouts
- Swaps data: SOFR volume and margin insights
- VAR surges, revenues tank at French banks hurt by volatility