As the market winds down in preparation for the Christmas season, analysts are increasingly advising investors to keep their portfolios close to the index. With year-to-date annualised returns of more than 9% for triple-B credits, analysts see no reason to continue to seek out profits. In any case, new issuance levels have also fallen giving investors few opportunities to increase sector- or name-specific exposures.
The only sectors that analysts are deviating from the index are
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Quant Finance Master’s Guide 2019
- Credit risk quants are hitting the tech gap
- Princeton tops inaugural Risk.net quant master’s ranking
- Does credit risk need an expected shortfall-style revamp?