Spotting a niche, HSBC used its prowess in currency trading to produce two notes that soldwell - the Dual Currency and Triple CurrencyDeposits - while its competitors werecaught up dealing with the fallout from theLehman collapse.
"We had an effective strategy, which was clearly focused on foreign exchange trades," says Gifford Nakajima, senior vice-president and head of product development at HSBC Premier in Tokyo. "Lehman sent shock waves through the market. Suddenly, guarantees on principal
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Credit risk quants are hitting the tech gap
- Princeton tops inaugural Risk.net quant master’s ranking
- Quant Finance Master’s Guide 2019
- Does credit risk need an expected shortfall-style revamp?