Life insurance stress test results released last week make uncomfortable reading for those who fear Solvency II's matching adjustment might be watered down in future.
The results of the European Union-wide tests, published by the European Insurance and Occupational Pensions Authority (Eiopa) on December 15, show the true value of long-term guarantee measures such as the matching adjustment (MA) to UK insurers, while the same matching adjustment yields few benefits to continental insurers.
- Quant Finance Master’s Guide 2019
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Brexit threatens to reopen Asian bail-in clauses for EU banks
- Podcast: Kenyon and Berrahoui on the pitfalls of PFE
- Cross-currency swaps could hasten RFR shift in Australia