Drones, social media and wearable technology are transforming insurance so fast that rules based on backward-looking information will soon look out of date, according to Paul Stanworth, managing director at Legal & General Capital, part of Legal & General Group.
So-called disruptive technologies are already changing insurers' liabilities, but the data firms will need to weigh new risks is held outside the industry – largely in technology companies such as Facebook and Google, he told delegates
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Quant Finance Master’s Guide 2019
- Credit risk quants are hitting the tech gap
- Princeton tops inaugural Risk.net quant master’s ranking
- Does credit risk need an expected shortfall-style revamp?