The designation of global systemically important reinsurers by the Financial Stability Board (FSB) has been delayed.
In the summer of 2013, the FSB indicated it would release a list of reinsurers in July 2014. This will now be postponed to November.
Nine primary insurance firms were designated global systemically important insurers (G-Siis) on July 18, 2013. The FSB is scheduled to produce an updated list of primary G-Siis in November 2014, which would coincide with the new date for publication
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- Asia moves: Natixis sales head moves to Barclays, new banking head for StanChart Singapore, and more
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Banks use machine learning to ‘augment’ corporate sales
- Buy-siders eye ways to get ahead of US resolution stay rules