European law-makers are edging closer to an agreement on Solvency II's long-term guarantees package, which could increase the cap on the volatility adjuster to as much as 70%.
Speaking at Insurance Risk Europe, Jorg Sauren, internal model owner at ING Insurance Eurasia, said that the Lithuanian Presidency of the Council of the European Union has put forward a plan to set the cap at 65% as part of its proposals on Omnibus II.
Discussions during the Omnibus II trilogue negotiations between the
- Brexit novations ‘on hold’ to gain reg relief
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- People moves: Bank of America names new Apac chiefs, Wilkinson leaves LGIM, Lloyds loses Coutte, and more
- Mifid data publishers drag feet on Esma guidelines