A year ago, Phil Irvine, head of advisory at London pension fund consultants Liability Solutions went in search of a solution to offer to the firm's client Highway Insurance's pension fund. He found a city divided. Quite neatly divided, in fact.
In Mayfair, west of London's West End theatre district, sat the brass plaques of London's boutique hedge fund community, the UK's version of Connecticut. A long history was vested among this community of hedge funds and, perhaps latterly, a slowly
- Asia moves: Natixis sales head moves to Barclays, new banking head for StanChart Singapore, and more
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Banks use machine learning to ‘augment’ corporate sales
- Buy-siders eye ways to get ahead of US resolution stay rules