With-profits insurer Wesleyan has made a surprise entry to the UK's bulk purchase annuity market (BPA), while start-up specialist Synesis Life has given more details about its unusual, entirely equity-based structure and business model. In June, the Wesleyan Assurance Society enter the fray, winning a mandate worth £230 million to take on the pensions in payment of the ASW Sheerness Steel Group pension fund, formerly sponsored by the insolvent Allied Steel and Wire.
In a sign of both
- Brexit novations ‘on hold’ to gain reg relief
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- Mifid data publishers drag feet on Esma guidelines
- People moves: Bank of America names new Apac chiefs, Wilkinson leaves LGIM, Lloyds loses Coutte, and more