What is the real story with Quantum Asset Management? Mark Mathias, chief executive of the UK distributor, told journalists at the beginning of April that Quantum did not see any attractive opportunities in the structured products market in the immediate future. This statement and the decision to leave the business has perplexed other distributors, particularly as the UK is home to the only structured products market in the world in which issuance volumes are on the rise.
No-one would deny that
- Brexit novations ‘on hold’ to gain reg relief
- People moves: Bank of America names new Apac chiefs, Wilkinson leaves LGIM, Lloyds loses Coutte, and more
- Mifid data publishers drag feet on Esma guidelines
- Sefs, Libor fallbacks and risk governance in Asia
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden