All major investment banks are looking to introduce variable annuities to Europe, even though none will go on the record to confirm the feverish activity surrounding the distribution of a product that has so far blossomed in the US market. Variable annuities that include guarantees, often referred to as riders, have been reeling in profits for insurance companies in the US. Now investment banks and reinsurance companies are increasingly becoming involved in order to provide the guarantees.
- Asia moves: Natixis sales head moves to Barclays, new banking head for StanChart Singapore, and more
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Banks use machine learning to ‘augment’ corporate sales
- Buy-siders eye ways to get ahead of US resolution stay rules