There is no denying it is a bold move. A former hedge fund manager will soon take over as the head of one of Canada’s largest pension plans. Ron Mock, senior vice-president of fixed income and alternative investments at Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan (OTPP), will step into the CEO role on January 1, 2014 when Jim Leech retires after 12 years at the helm.
Mock, who joined OTPP in 2001 as director of alternative investment, was previously CEO of Phoenix Research and Trading, where he was
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- Asia moves: Natixis sales head moves to Barclays, new banking head for StanChart Singapore, and more
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Banks use machine learning to ‘augment’ corporate sales
- Buy-siders eye ways to get ahead of US resolution stay rules